1. Moral law written by God and Ceremonial law written by Moses
Exodus 31:18, “And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God .”
Deuteronomy 31:9, “And Moses wrote this law .”
2. Moral law declared by God to people but ceremonial law declared by God to Moses
Deuteronomy 4:36; 5:22, “Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: …These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more . And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.”
Notice the key word ‘He added no more’. God did not add ceremonial law to be a continuation of Moral law.
Exodus 33:9, “And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses .”
3. God distinguished Ten commandments and ceremonial law
Deuteronomy 4:13-14, “And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. And the Lord commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.”
2 Kings 21:8, “Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them
4. Moral law tells us what is sin. Mosaic law gives the penalty for breaking and ordinance to get forgiveness for sin. Constitutes ceremonies and civil law.
Daniel 9:11, “Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God.
5. Moral law was placed inside the ark as foundation for God’s presence but mosaic law was kept aside as witness against people
Deuteronomy 31:24-26, “And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book , until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.”
Exodus 25:16, “And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.”
6. God made Moses to write mosaic law but did not made Moses to write ten commandments even after the tablets were broken by Moses.
Exodus 34:1, “Hew thee two tablets of stone like unto first; and I will write upon the tablets the words that were on the first tables , which thou didst break .”